Need To Migrate From MS Outlook Express To Outlook
Today MS Outlook is considered as more preferred email client than any other email client as it comes with many facilities and it's compatibility with Windows as well as with Mac OS.
As such, users accessing Outlook Express for a long time comes to the point where they have to decide to migrate Outlook Express to Outlook. Outlook Express has been outdated now, therefore people likes to move Outlook Express to the Outlook. To switch from OE email files to Outlook, one needs to convert it's DBX files to Outlook PST data files.
However, it is not easily task to switch from one email client to another because it requires a complete procedure to convert one email client files to another.
To migrate Outlook Express to PST file format, Windows Live Mail is required. To initiate this process, a user needs to import Outlook Express in Windows Live Mail. And then, a user can export imported data from WLM to MS Outlook.
Process To Import Outlook Express to MS Outlook 2016
- At first, user needs to export DBX files
- Install Windows Live Mail
- Import Outlook Express DBX files in WLM
- Now Export the imported data from Windows Live Mail to Outlook
Locate and Outlook Express Data Files
- Locate DBX files, to do this Go to the Outlook express Tools, click on Options and in options Window go to the Maintenance tab, now click on Store Folder button.
- This will open a Store Location box, from this box user, can copy the folder path.
- Now paste folder path in windows Explorer's address bar to get all DBX files.
Install Windows Live Mail
If user is using Windows 7 or 8, then installation of WLM would be very easy. User can directly install WLM on their systems.Import Outlook Express Emails to Live Mail
- Once the user installed Windows Live Mail on the system, go to File tab and select Import >> Messages.
- Select the option import Outlook Express and then click Next.
- Now choose “Import mail from an OE6 store directory” and then Go to “Browse” option.
- Locate DBX files, click on “Select Folder”.
- Click on “Next”.
- User can also select between “All Folders” or “Selected Folders” and click on “Next”.
- Click on “Finish”.
Procedure To Export Imported Data To MS Outlook
- To export Outlook Express data from Windows Live Mail to Outlook, the user needs to run both the applications at the same time on their system.
- Open WLM and Click on File Tab → Go to Export →and Click on Email messages.
- Now, select Microsoft Exchange and then press 'Next' button.
- After clicking Next user will receive a confirmation message "all email will be exported to Microsoft Outlook" through a dialog box.
- Click ‘OK‘.
- Here with the help of Select folders option user can select all the folders or selected folders to export according to their requirement
- Click on ‘OK' button.
- The user needs to wait till the process is running. Once the process is completed, the user will receive a success message on their screen.
- Click on Finish.
Import Outlook Express Address Book To Outlook
First import Address book in WLM
- Run address book module of Windows Live Mail.
- Go to File and select Imported.
- locate WAB file.
Secondly, Export Address book into Outlook
- Open WLM and export all contacts in CSV and vCard format
- Transfer all files into Outlook format or user can directly drag and drop vCard files into Outlook contacts
Limitations of the Manual Procedure
Recommended Third Party Solution
In order to avoid complications of the manual method, the user can directly import Outlook Express data files in Outlook with third party tool. The user can go for export Outlook Express to Outlook PST converter tool that can easily migrate DBX files to Outlook and allows users to split resultant PST file into small PST files. The DBX to PST converter tool also incorporated with other features that make entire migration task very smooth.
One can not directly transfer Outlook Express To Outlook. The user needs installation of Windows Live Mail to migrate Outlook Express to Outlook 2016, which is a quite lengthy procedure. Therefore, to perform quick and smooth migration users can take help of any third party tools to Export Outlook Express files.