Approachable Solution to Merge or Combine MSG Files into PST
If you are among those thousands users who are looking for the solution to merge MSG files into a single PST file, but are unable to find any relevant resolution, then this blog is going to help you. As we know, Outlook is an email client that stores the data in PST file format. However, it stores its single message in MSG format. Moreover, any text editor can easily access MSG file as text file. It is a common email format and consists of the email properties such as header, receiver, sender, etc.
Now, in some cases users want users want to combine MSG files to PST format. Therefore, to perform the complete task without any difficulty we will discuss manual as well as an alternative method in the following part of the blog. Before that, let us understand the reasons to import MSG files into PST.
Necessity to Merge Outlook .msg files to .pst
- When a user wants to open the backup of the essential MSG files in Outlook, then there is a need to collect all MSG files into a single file.
- To preview the MSG file the easily, instead of importing each MSG files.
How to Merge MSG File into PST Manually?
Manual process to combine Outlook MSG files into PST format is drag and drop method or copy paste. To complete this process the users have to follow certain steps as mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to launch Microsoft Outlook and in Mail section create a “New folder”. Then, give a name to the created folder as per your desire. Now, this folder can be moved to any of the existing folder
- Now, go to that folder where all the MSG files are stored. Choose the files and with the help of drag and drop method, put all of them in the created folder.
- Now, with this users can easily import MSG files into Outlook. Once it is done, you can open and read all the MSG files along with their data files as well as attachments.
Limitations of Manual Method
To combine .msg files to PST manually, is not trustworthy. As, Manual Method has some limitations such as
- To drag and drop each file becomes a tiresome process
- It is possible that in this process users will lose some essential file or data
- Users cannot import as many files as per the requirement. If the limit is reached then, Outlook gives an error message.
Expert Solution to Merge MSG files into PST
This is unfortunate that manual method cannot be a reliable solution as the limitations attached to it. Therefore, to overcome the limitations of manual method, users can opt for third party utility, namely DataHelp MSG to PST Converter. This tool is capable enough to fight against all the limitation of a manual method. This tool can import the whole folder consists of MSG files into MS Outlook PST very quickly and easily. The tool allows to export the selective Outlook MSG files along with the attachments instead of exporting all the emails.
Benefits to Use the Third Party Tool
There are so many factors behind the popularity of this tool. Some of the best benefits are:
- By using this, utility users can export all the MSG files and merge them to PST in bulk at once.
- Users can select only those files as well, which are essential.
- The software maintains the hierarchy of the folder and retains the integrity of the data as well.
- It supports all the versions of Windows Operating system.
MS Outlook is an Email Application, which has become one of the useful platforms for many organizations. MSG and PST files both belong to Outlook and have their own importance. Nevertheless, after understanding the need to import MSG files into Outlook, we have discussed two methods. It is recommended to use the second method, which is an expert solution for secure and quick completion.