“I have accidentally deleted few of my contacts from an OST file and now, I have no idea that how can I recover deleted contacts from OST file. So, can anybody help me & please suggest me some way out to retrieve contacts from OST file free?”
Sometimes, many users find some contacts that were not useful for them and at that moment they get deleted all unnecessary contacts from an Outlook profile. Deleted contacts went to the trash folder in MS Outlook until that folder seems to be empty so that the users want to recover Outlook contacts from .ost file that were deleted by mistake. But, in case, if those contacts are also eliminated from the trash folder then, how to recover them from the offline OST file. Therefore, in the following section, we are going to discuss different approaches that will helpful for all users who want to retrieve their important contacts from an OST file that was permanently deleted.
Two Ways to Recover Deleted Contacts From OST File
There is a technique available to recover Outlook contacts from .ost file based on either permanently deleted or temporarily deleted contacts. If each contact is deleted temporarily then, the manual method could be used to retrieve deleted contacts from OST file, but in case, if they are permanently deleted then, users have to opt an automated solution to recover permanently deleted contacts from OST file.
Approach#1: Recover Outlook Contacts From .ost File Manually
There are following steps to be followed to retrieve contacts from OST free using the manual way:
- Step 1: First, you have to Open MS Outlook on your system and go to the Deleted Items folder.
- Step 2: Then, choose offline OST contacts that you want to restore from the deleted items folder.
- Step 3: Now, click- right on the selected contact and select the Move option from a context menu, then, choose another folder tab.
- Step 4: The Move Items window will appear on the screen. With this wizard, you can navigate the OST data where you wish to save all recovered deleted contacts. Choose contacts from the given list of items, and press OK button.
- Step 5: After that, you will observe that your selected contacts have disappeared from the Deleted Items folder of MS Outlook and move it back to the original location. Finally, you will capable to recover deleted contacts from OST file successfully.
Drawbacks of Manual Approach
The above-stated solution to retrieve contacts from OST File is not a perfect solution because many users want to recover a large amount of data. This manual approach is very complex, lengthy process which requires lots of time to recover Outlook contacts from .ost file. This method is only applicable to regain temporarily deleted contacts from an OST folder. But, this approach is not applicable when a user wants to retrieve permanently deleted contacts.
Approach#2: Recover Deleted Contacts From OST File Automatically
To overcome all such limitations of the manual approach, so many users prefer to use an automated solution named as OST Recovery Tool which permit users to recover Outlook contacts from .ost file without any kind of data loss. There are multiple unique features provided by this recovery solution and all these features are very beneficial while retrieving data from an offline OST file.
Benefits of OST Recovery tool
There are numerous features which helps the user in restoring Outlook contacts from OST file type. Some of them are mentioned below:
- It helps to view all OST items i.e. contacts, messages, calendars, etc.
- It can also recover permanently deleted emails from offline OST files
- It allows to export selective folders or data items by applying date filter option
- It also helps to repair data with both minor as well as major level of corruption
- Supported by all Windows version including Windows 10 and all previous version
The main aim of this blog has been focused to discuss all solutions that helps to recover deleted contacts from OST file. However, in this blog, we have explained two approaches for recovering Outlook contacts from .ost file manually and automatically. Even a user can use this manual solution for recovery of deleted contacts but it is only helpful to regain the temporarily deleted contacts. It is always recommended to go for the commercial alternative because OST recovery software allows to retrieve deleted contacts from offline OST file.