Import Entourage Emails to Outlook in Best Possible Way
Entourage is an email client developed by Microsoft for Mac OS. It was first released in 2000 and is now discontinued. It was provided as a part of Microsoft Office Suite 2001. The email application had the functionalities to store emails, task, calendar, notes, etc. It used the separate address book to store contacts but can be synchronized using Sync services. However, there are some limitations associated with Entourage that is why many users want to convert Entourage emails to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 or 2007. Microsoft Outlook cannot read emails stored in Entourage without importing them into the Windows Outlook database.
PST is personal storage table which is used by Microsoft Outlook in Windows OS to store its mailbox data. It stores emails, calendar, contacts, journals, notes and other mailbox data of Outlook and is stored on the local system. Entourage uses MBOX files to stores its data whereas Outlook uses PST files to store mailbox data. Microsoft Outlook cannot directly import MBOX files, therefore the user first has to transfer Entourage emails to Outlook data file and then import them into the destination email client.
In this article, we have mentioned the steps to export Entourage to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 or 2007 using both manual and automated solution such as MBOX to Outlook converter. But, before knowing the migration process, we should first know why users are switching their email clients.
Why Users Convert Entourage Emails to Outlook
- Microsoft has discontinued the Entourage email client whereas on the other hand Outlook for Windows is a feature-rich email client.
- Outlook allows users to store a large amount of data in their mailbox as compared to Entourage. Microsoft Outlook provides more advanced features and is easy to use well as compared to Entourage.
- Entourage is less secure if compared with security level offered in Microsoft Outlook.
Import Entourage to Outlook Manually
- Connect a USB drive to Mac machine and run Entourage email client.
- Click on “File” tab in the menu bar and select “Export” option.
- Choose “Export items to an Entourage archive” and select “All Items”.
- Now, choose the USB drive as the destination location and click on “Export” button.
- Remove the drive from Mac system and connect it with Windows system.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook on Windows OS and navigate to File tab.
- Here, click on Import option.
- Select “Entourage Information from Archive or Earlier version” and click on Arrow icon placed at the bottom to proceed further.
- Select “Entourage archive (.rge)” and press the right arrow.
- Check all the checkboxes and press the right arrow icon.
- Click on “Browse” option and navigate to the thumb drive. Choose the RGE file which you exported and press “Choose” button to proceed.
- Click on the right arrow and then click “Finish” and the migration process will be implemented.
The major benefit of using the manual method is that it is free of cost. But, there are limitations of the application as well such as it is time-consuming and requires so many steps to be executed. If any mistake happens by the user in any of the steps, then the file may get damaged.
Efficient Solution to Transfer Entourage Emails to Outlook
If you are looking for a secure and reliable solution to perform conversion then you can go for a third party application. As, there are several tools available in the market, choosing the best one is a challenge as all of them do not fulfill the expectations of all the users. In such situation, you can select MBOX email to PST converter. This application is unique from all other migration software as it provides multiple features. Some of the advanced features are mentioned below:
- It allows users to export emails from 20+ email applications.
- Generates preview in 9 view modes such as Hex view, MIME view, etc.
- Perform migration in batch for efficient processing.
- Offers users to export data in 7 file formats.
- Creates an export report in CSV format which can be useful for future reference.
- Compatible with Windows 10 OS and Outlook 2016.
Users can convert Entourage emails to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 or 2007 using both manual and automated solutions. However, the manual procedure demands more time and efforts when compared to the third party software. Therefore, the users who want to have efficient migration process can opt for the expert solution.