When working on a Mac machine all the contacts are linked to an iCloud account in the back end. They are automatically saved for all new emails added to Apple Mail or new phone number in iOS mobile. This can be a hassle for those moving to Outlook for Windows. They look for ways to convert iCloud VCF to CSV. Both these formats are used for saving contact information. All this and more is discussed in the following article. It contains all the necessary details on this topic. It also discusses a step-by-step guide to performing this migration. Read more to find out all about it.
A vCard File
It is a default file format used by many email clients for saving a business card information. It contains multiple fields for storing email ID, phone number, company name, home address etc. It has a .vcf extension and can be used to convert iCloud vCard to CSV.
CSV File Format
It is another types of a contact file that stores information in a tabular form. Each row contains a new entry and it has got columns for fields. It is also used to export contacts from Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo and other email applications.
Possible Solution to Convert iCloud vCard to CSV
Here are the instructions to migrate contacts between the two file formats manually:
Step1: Import VCF File to Windows Contact
- First, visit the link C:Users%username%Contacts and click on the ‘Import’ button.
- From the ‘Import to Windows Contact’ dialogue box, select the vCard(VCF file) option and click ‘Import’ button.
- From the ‘Select a vCard File for Import’ box, go to the path where the .vcf file is saved.
- Then, select it once and click on the ‘Open’ button to convert iCloud vCard to CSV file.
- Now, each contact stored within will be displayed one at a time.
- From the ‘Properties’ screen, edit any of the fields and click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, each VCF contact will be saved to Windows ‘Contacts’ folder.
- When completed, choose Close.
Step 2: Export Windows Contacts to CSV File
- From the file explorer window, click on ‘Export’ button.
- From the ‘Export Windows Contacts’ dialogue box, select CSV(Comma Separated Values).
- From the ‘CSV Export’ screen, Browse to the folder location where the new contacts file will be saved.
- Then, click on the Next button to convert iCloud vCard to CSV. Now, choose the fields that are required in the output format.
- Then, click on the ‘Finish’ button. Finally, a process bar will show indicating that the contacts are being moved to a .csv file.
- Now, a message box will appear indicating the same.
An Automated Solution Recommended by Experts
Many industry people often look for workarounds when migrating contacts from Apple Mail to Outlook client. They prefer professional solution specifically designed to ensure crucial information is not changed during transfer. They opt for third-party tools like the vCard Importer Tool
. It is highly recommended by many data recovery and migration experts. It has multiple functionalities that include directly importing VCF file into Outlook. A new PST file can also be created just for contacts or vCards added to existing .pst file. There is no size limitation imposed to import .vcf to Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007 and earlier versions. The tool works on all available Windows version for both 32 and 64-bit machines.
There is no one right way to perform this migration. There are a number of solutions available online and in different forums and blogs. One can go for the steps mentioned in this post to convert iCloud vCard to CSV. There is an easy answer to what one may be looking for. There are other automatic ways discussed online. These may just rearrange fields or change important contact data. There is an expert solution recommended in this post that can be used instead. It is better, reliable and more efficient product. It is a one-stop solution to avoid any unnecessary hassle or get one’s data or mind into a frenzy.