Easy Way to Export Lotus Notes Folders to Outlook
Lotus Notes is a trademark of IBM, it provides a collaborative client-server platform & provides functionalities like email, calendaring, contacts management, instant messaging etc. The Lotus Domino is the application server which provides access to Domino application & databases. It works in collaboration with IBM which is an office productivity suite. Both these application work in collaboration with various add-ons & business work. There are many scenarios when users move Lotus Notes folders to Outlook.
Thus, talking about MS Outlook, it is a popular email client which is developed by Microsoft & now it also comes with Microsoft Office Suite.
Now, consider a situation where you want to access Lotus Notes mailbox in Outlook. Both email client supports different file formats. In such condition, you need to transfer folders from one file format to another. For that, you can either try manual methods or try a third party utility like MailPro+ Lotus Notes to Outlook converter
to migrate Lotus Notes Archive to Outlook
Manual Techniques to Convert Lotus Notes Mailbox to Outlook
The Procedure can be done in two steps:
- Export Lotus Notes email folders
- Then, import the exported folder in Outlook
The step by step process has been described below:
Export Lotus Notes Folders to Outlook
- Open IBM Notes application
- Click “Mail” tab
- Hit the “File” option from the menu bar
- After that, click “Export” option to start the Export Wizard
- As soon as the Export Wizard get started, you will receive several options to choose the desired options for the migrated file.
- Now, choose “Tabular Text” or “Structured Text” which are supported by Outlook
- Click “Continue” to begin with the Export process
- Hit Export to end the process to obtain the exported mail folder
Import the Exported Mail Folder in MS Outlook
- Open MS Outlook application
- Select “File Menu” then click “Import & Export” option
- After that, click Next & Import & Export Wizard will get opened
- You can now choose the file format in which you want to import the folders
- Hit next
- Continue with the Wizard, Select & Browse the files that are exported from Lotus Notes
- At the end, click “Finish”.
This will end the process with “Import & Export Wizard” & the Lotus Notes files will get imported into Outlook. If in case, you want to avoid the lengthy procedure then you can try a third party utility i.e MailPro+ Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter. The tool will let you perform selective migration of Lotus Notes mailbox & let you convert NSF files into different file format as per the requirement.
Let’s Begin to Transfer Folders From Lotus Notes to Outlook
Download & Install Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter. Run the software to export Lotus Notes folders to Outlook. After that, a screen with options will appear. If you are a new user then choose to create collection option otherwise open recent collection.
Now, fill the details such as Title name, Collection Path & description. Click Add to create a new collection.
Hit scan file & then Browse option window will get opened. Select Lotus Notes (.nsf) file type.
The software starts scanning & loading the .nsf file from the local storage. You can hit view button to view the scanned files.
You can open the scanned file in a recursive manner. Click on file to view the content.
Try advance scan option to filter the desired email from many emails.
Select the email which you want to export & after that right-click on it & then hit Export button.
Select PST file as a destination format. Now, browse the location where you want to save the resultant PST file.
The above-mentioned write-up illustrates the process to export Lotus Notes folders to Outlook. Manual ways are also suggested to export the mailbox or the folders in Outlook. You can even try Mailpro+ Lotus Notes to Outlook converter to speed the migration process.