The strongest and biggest of organizations are looking to moving forward with the new and improved technology. They are working with partners that are versatile in meeting the needs of their company requirements. They need strong groups that can grow and work to help the ever-changing networking and collaboration necessities. This can be met via the latest cloud server application and personal information management of Office 365. It has enabled users and administrators to keep backing up their profile regularly for security reasons. They look for solutions to backup Office 365 mailbox to PST via PowerShell or other relevant methods. It can be helpful to know this procedure for any professional. It can be quite useful for any business familiarising themselves with this new technology. It can be a powerful resource as well as a useful content in the long run. Continue reading to find out more.
Step to Backup Office 365 Mailbox to PST via PowerShell?
Following is a step-by-step guide to export Exchange online mailbox to PST on PC’s Desktop:
Step 1: Establish Connection to Exchange Server
- First, run the following command and enter Office 365 credentials
$UserCredential = Get-Credential
- Then, type in the following syntax in order to backup PST from Office 365
“$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $UserCredential -Authentication Basic –AllowRedirection”
- Finally, run the following command:
Step 2: Grant Access Right to Mailbox for Export
- Following is an example of providing xyz user full rights to xyz mailbox for exporting Office 365 mailboxes to PST files.
“Add-MailboxPermission – User xyz -Identity xyz -AccessRights FullAccess -InheritanceType All”
Step 3: Create a New Account
- Launch Outlook and configure xyz mailbox account. It must be displayed on the left-hand side. It may take a few minutes to configure.
Step 4: Check Configuration Settings
- Go to File >> Account Settings >> Account Settings and select the account.
- Then, click on Change button in order to backup PST from Office 365.
- Finally, make sure that the ‘Use Cached Exchange Mode’ is enabled and ‘Mail to keep offline’ is set to ‘All’.
Step 5: Extract PST from Outlook
- First, launch Outlook and go to File >> Open and Export >> Import/Export.
- From the ‘Import/Export Wizard’ screen, select the option to Export to a file >> Next. This will help to backup Office 365 emails to PST file.
- From the ‘Export to a File’ screen, select the option for Outlook Data file (.pst) >> Next.
- Then, select the xyz folder name and click Next button followed by Finish.
Step 6: Remove Permissions
- Use the following command to remove permissions assigned previously:
“Remove-MailboxPermission -User firstname.lastname@example.org -Identity email@example.com -AccessRights FullAccess”
Step 7: Close PowerShell Session
- Exit the opened the session:
An Alternative Suggestion to Backup Office 365 Mailbox to PST
The time has come when outdated technology can no longer be supported by any organization. It can not be used at a run routine activities on daily basis. It is necessary to have the latest and the best for any organization. Some companies opt for traditional ways to manually backup Office 365 emails to PST file. The wiser option is to look for better solutions that not only cost half of the time and efforts taken to download the PST files. It can take a lot of man-hours to perform the task which can be easily skipped. The better alternative is to use an effective product like the Office 365 Exporter. It is a user-friendly tool that can be used by any technical or a non-technical person. It can export emails, contacts, calendar and other mailbox items to PST, EML and MSG format The software is compatible with all the latest versions of Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP or earlier ones.
The no.1 goal of any company is to find new ways to improve their current ways of working in an organization. With the upcoming of Office 365, a lot is not known and terms and conditions are unfamiliar even with experts. The terminology and functionalities used here must be quite new even for developers who are professionals in this field. To educate users about how to download or backup Office 365 mailbox to PST via Powershell & by Office 365 Exporter, this post has been created. It has all the relevant and important information. It covers all the details that an individual may look for when searching for a similar solution online. It can be useful for any professional, non-technical businessman, student or just someone looking for answers. It is very interesting and intelligent content. It suggests an equally effective product which can be tried for free for demo purposes.