Import PST File From Outlook 2010 to Office 365 Account – Easy Steps
Move Outlook data files like emails, contacts, calendar & tasks to Office 365 account and access all the data. Learn to import Outlook PST to office 365 account and meet your requirement. Easy manual step to import pst file from outlook 2010 to office 365 and other versions as well.
|import pst to office 365 account via outlook|
Import PST File From Outlook 2010 to Office 365 Account
- If you want to migrate emails from one email account to other
- If the emails are inaccessible due to corruption
- If you are moving Outlook from one PC to another system
Step 1: Export Outlook data to Outlook.pst
- Launch your MS Outlook 2010 application.
- On the topmost ribbon of MS Outlook, go to the File Tab. Click Options>Advanced>Export.
import pst to office 365 account via outlook
- From Import and Export wizard, select Export to a file. Click Next.
- In the next Export to a file wizard, select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Select the email account name you need to export. To export the entire PST data, select the checkbox Include Subfolders. Click Next.
- You can export a single folder also by selecting that particular folder. In this case, you have to clear the Include subfolders check box. Click Next to import PST file from Outlook 2010 to Office 365
Note: You cannot select more than one folder to export. To export another folder, you have to perform the whole process again, i.e., a single folder or whole mailbox can be exported at a time. Here, only Inbox folder is selected to export to a .pst file or to have a backup of inbox items. One more option is available to apply Filter to select particular items from the folder. With advanced filters, you can select important emails from your folder.
- In Export Outlook Data File wizard, Browse and select the required location to export your file. You can select the required option. Click Finish to continue.
- After this, a dialogue box is popped up asking for the password (if you have set a password for PST file or when you are creating a new .pst file). Insert password and click OK. Your file will get saved to the selected location. Select checkbox. Your password is saved for future use.
Step 2: Move PST file to Outlook 2016
Import Outlook 2010 .pst file into Outlook 2016 using the given steps:
- Launch MS Outlook 2016 application.
- Go to the File Tab. Click Open & Export>Import/Export.
- From Import and Export wizard, select Import from another program or file.
- Select file type as Outlook data file (.pst). Click Next.
- Click Browse to provide the location of the .pst file to be imported. Click on the required option and click Next.
- Select the particular folder or select include all subfolders. You can apply Filter if selecting a single folder. Click Finish to complete the process.
Using Export/Import wizard of MS Outlook to migrate the PST data is helpful but not completely successful. The drawbacks include time-consumption and less effectiveness. Slight mistake in the procedure may lead to the corruption of file. Manual and free methods seem quite alluring, but a small mistake might risk your data perhaps the process to import PST file from Outlook 2010 to Office 365 may fail terribly.