Remove Protection From PDF Using Google Chrome
If you are required to use a free tool from a trustworthy publisher to remove password security from PDF file then, Google Chrome ranks first on the list. This trick especially applies when you want a common utility that can be utilized on both Windows and Mac. This web browser has a built-in PDF writer and a PDF viewer that can be used to unlock password protected PDF document. Following are the guidelines to execute the same task:
- Open the Google Chrome and simply drag and drop the PDF file here from which you are required to remove the password
- If the file has user level password then, enter it
- After opening the PDF file, press Print+P buttons and you will be re-directed to print document page
- Here, select Change button from Destination wizard
- After that, choose Save as PDF button and click on Save button
- Browse the location to save the output file
- Now, navigate to the location where you last saved the PDF file. Here, if you will open this PDF file it will not ask to enter any password
- This means the password is successfully removed from PDF document
- This method can be used in all operating systems in which Google Chrome is installed.
Remove Password Security from PDF Using Adobe Acrobat Pro
The other way to unlock password protected PDF is by Adobe Acrobat Pro tool. In order to do the same, go with the following steps:
- Launch the Adobe Acrobat application
Note: Adobe must be the “Pro” edition, not the “Reader”. Otherwise, you will not be able to remove the password from PDF.
- Click on File menu from the top-left corner of the window
- Now, click on Open and browse the PDF file from which you want to remove the password
- Hit a click on padlock icon that is situated on left side of the Home tab
Note: If the browsed PDF is user-locked then, you need to enter the password here first to open it.
- From Security Settings tab, click on Permission Details
- Here, click on Security Method and it will ask you for Password Security
- In order to remove password from PDF Document, select No Security option here
- Enter the Password of PDF file and click on Ok button twice
- Now, your PDF is no longer secured with the password
Automated Solution to Remove Password Security from PDF
Adobe’s official technique to unlock password protected PDF is quite good, but the user must have its full version and it can unlock the single file. So, there arises a need for some professional software or trusted third party tool i.e., PDF Unlocker. This software allows the user to remove password security from PDF files in batch. Now, the user has to follow steps to remove protection from PDF files.
- Download and open the software
- Click on Unlock PDF button and it will redirect you to PDF Unlocker’s main page
- Hit Browse button and you will get two Browse buttons on the screen
- Select the password protected PDF file and click on Open
- After loading the PDF document, browse a destination location to save the resultant file
- Then, click on Unlock PDF button begin the procedure for unlocking and removing PDF document restrictions
- Click on the Ok button of PDF Unlocked Successfully pop up box
The editorial comprises some best and easy tricks to remove password security from PDF files. Mentioned two manual ways are not capable to remove protection from PDF files in bulk. Thus, it is recommended to use mentioned third-party tool if you are having multiple passwords secured PDF files.