The multi-national companies deal high-end technologies. They only go for best and latest when it comes to building a communication infrastructure. They deal with services from data services from Microsoft and IBM. Often a debate is held with users preferring one over the other. The employees are simple-minded and would rather go for simple technology offered by the MS Office Suite applications. This way administrators look for paths to migrate data from Lotus Notes to Outlook
. They are fundamental simple steps to perform the transfer. These can be only performed by professionals and under no circumstances must be implemented by a regular non-technical businessman. These are confusing steps and must be repeated exactly as mentioned in the post. Continue reading to find out all the relevant information related to it.
|Migrate Data from Lotus Notes to Outlook : Comfortably
Reasons to Migrate Lotus Notes Database to Outlook
Following are some of the leading grounds for why companies decide to change their server architecture:
1. It may be an immediate decision from upper management to lower costs and make budget cuts. This can enable a change from IBM Notes to Outlook.
. Notes is a high-end product which requires high maintenance cost and infrastructure. There are not many small and mid-level businesses that can keep up with the cost. This enables them to export Lotus Notes email to Outlook
There are only handful of experts that can handle and maintain IBM servers on-premise.
Steps to Export Lotus Notes Email to Outlook
Following are some of the techniques that can work to transfer data between the two email client:
Step 1: Export NSF File to PST
1. First, open the email client and select the emails.
2. Then, go to File>>Export option.
3.Then, choose the file by typing a name and use Structured Text Type to save it at a desired location.
4. Finally, click on the Export button to transfer Lotus Notes emails to Outlook.
5. Now, a dialogue box will appear. Fill in the details and click on the OK button.
Step 2: Import NSF File to Outlook
1. First, launch the email client and go to File>>Open>>Import.
2. From the ‘Import/Export Wizard’ screen, select the Import from another program or file.
3. Then, click on the Next button to import NSF file to Outlook.
4. Then, select the option for Comma Separated Values (Windows) or Tab Separated Values (Windows).
5. Next, click on the Next button.
6. Then, Browse to the folder path where the .nsf file is saved.
7. Finally, wait till the complete import process has been completed.
Another Way to Export Lotus Notes Email to Outlook
There are lots of techniques that may be discussed in blogs and posts. These may confuse a non-technical person. If a user owns a small business, it is better to purchase a third-party tool. It is a better alternate than to hire professional to perform the same task. One such professional software is the Export Notes
. It is a sophisticated technology which can be useful to transfer complete mailbox data including emails, contacts, journal etc. All it needs is that Outlook and Notes client must be installed. It has multiple options to split PST file, preserve folder structure, choose between folders and map each directory. The application is compatible with all available versions of Windows 10/8.1/8/XP/7 and earlier ones.
It is difficult decision to move all the mailbox data from one client to another. But it has to be done. Often the responsibility falls on the shoulder of one employee who looks for solution online. They find tips and tricks to migrate data from Lotus Notes to Outlook. These may seem easy steps on the surface but may take a lot of time considering multiple user accounts. If there are more then one employee, it is better to go for the alternative workaround suggested in this post. It is simple, reliable and user-friendly. It is much faster and acceptable within the company’s budget. It is better than relying on manual techniques and going through same steps again and again for every system. It can save a lot of time and hassle for an administrator. Try the demo version and suggest to senior before making any major decision regarding confidential information transfer.