Manual Method to Backup OST as O365 Users
Convert OST Mailboxes into PST
This method will work only if you are connected to Exchange Server. Offline OST files cannot be processed using this method.
2. Select Open and Export option>> Import/ Export.
3. Now choose Export to a File>> Outlook data file. Now choose the folder you wish to convert and hit Finish.
4. A PST file has been created in your preferred location. You have to import this to Office 365.
Import PST File to Office 365
1. Right click on folder containing the PST file. Then select Properties>> click Sharing tab. Now, share this folder with everyone. Users have to copy and paste the network path somewhere else for future reference.
2. Download Azure application in your system from the official website of Microsoft.
3. At this point, users have to copy the unique Key as well as unique URL. Go to O365 Admin Center>> click Import to get the URL. Click Upload Files Over Network. Next, click Show Key and Show URL.
4. Launch Azure tool. Run below command on Azure by replacing your unique URL and your unique key with the URL and Key you just copied.
5. Create a CSV file for mapping purpose. Include these columns:
Name: Enter Outlook PST file name.
Workload: Enter Exchange in this column.
FilePath: Enter shared path of PST file you copied during step 1.
Mailbox: Enter the destination mailbox of data you want to import.
IsArchive: To move data into primary mailbox, enter True. Otherwise, enter False.
TargetRootFolder: Input destination location of PST file you are about to import.
7. Click Next>> enter Job name. Click + icon and upload CSV file to O365.
You have finished backup OST to Office 365 completely.
Limitations of Manual Method
EmailDoctor OST to Office 365 Migration Tool to Backup OST to O365
1). Backup and previews all OST data including Mailboxes
2). Converts OST to Office 365, PST MSG and EML format
3). Exports directly from OST format to Exchange Online
4). Allows export OST by particular date through Date Filter
5). Can restore even deleted data from offline OST mailbox
6). Compatible with all versions of Microsoft Outlook till date
How It Works
Users can follow these steps to backup their OST files to Office 365 directly using this program.
1. Download and install the program on your system. Now Launch the tool. Click Add File and select the OST file of your preference.
3. Choose Office 365 option from ‘Select Export Type’. Go to Advanced Setting to set various settings.
4. Choose from Export Option of your choice and click Next to proceed. OST mailbox will export into Office 365.