Techniques to Open NSF File in Outlook
Can Outlook open NSF file? Well, the answer is, Yes. In this section, we will describe some simple tricks to convert Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook PST. After this, users can easily access the data of NSF file from Outlook.
Important Note: Before executing the below-mentioned steps, it is suggested to take backup of mailbox data because no manual technique is 100% reliable and safe.
To execute the NSF to PST Conversion manually, users have to go through two major steps. Now, follow the steps sequentially:
Step 1: Export NSF file from Lotus Notes
- Launch Lotus Notes email client and open NSF file that you need to convert.
- Now, click on the File tab and select Export option from opened menu list.
- Enter the file name and go to the location where the file is saved.
- Go to Save as type box and select Comma Separated value or Structured Text option.
- The opened dialog box will depend upon the selected file format.
- Make the selection as per your requirement and hit OK button.
- After completing NSF export process, the next step is to import this file into MS Outlook. The next step will certainly resolve the query of users i.e., can Outlook open NSF file?
Step 2: Import Resultant file to MS Outlook
- Launch Outlook program and hit a click on the File tab.
- After that, click on Open >> Import.
- Now, the Import and Export wizard will appear.
- Choose Import from another program or file option from the opened menu list and hit Next button.
- From Import a file window, choose CSV (Windows) option and click on Next to open NSF file in Outlook.
- Click on Browse button for selecting that file you want to import.
- Some option list will appear now that includes “Replace duplicates with items imported”, “Allow duplicates to be created” and “Do not import duplicate items”. Choose the desired option and hit Next button.
- Select the destination path to save the imported file.
- Eventually, hit the Finish button and process will be completed now.
Demerits of Manual Method
As the manual method is available for free of cost, however, it comprises some serious disadvantages that will make users think twice before using them. Some drawbacks of the manual method are following:
- Prone to failure
- Lengthy procedure
- High probability of data loss
- Requires technical expertise
Lotus Notes is losing its popularity due to various reasons and users are inclining towards Microsoft Outlook. However, migrating data from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Outlook is not an easy task. This migration generates many negative issues such as data conflicts, complexions in migration, time-factor etc. These conditions arise queries like can Outlook open NSF file? In order to resolve the same query, we have compiled some easy solutions in this article. Now, users can opt any method as per their requirement and preferences.