There are number of users who have a daily task in order to create a backup of all the emails which holds the great importance in an organization. There are huge number of mails which are very necessary to be kept secure making sure that they can be easily accessed anytime. Therefore, it becomes mandatory for Outlook users to save MSG as PDF. There are many forums which states that the same issues in order to convert MSG files to PDF with attachments
. Some of these user-queries are discussed below:
“I am currently working in an organization and having a task to save Outlook MSG files as PDF in the form of backup in my system to access the data anytime and anywhere in a hassle-free manner. It is important for us to save data without any data loss. Therefore, it is my task to save MSG as PDF in batch but I am not familiar with the procedure to perform the same. So, I am looking for a technique to migrate bulk emails in a very less time. Please help me out with some procedure to perform the same. Thanks.”
The below-discussed blog describes the reasons and all the possible techniques to export MSG files to PDF with attachments. You can also read the following article in order to find the answer to all the queries related to this MSG to PDF Conversion. It is quite simple and easy to perform the complete step by step procedure to save all the emails as backup in PDF format.
Need to Save MSG as PDF With Attachments
If we put a thought to the importance of exporting MSG files to PDF, then there are number of reasons to save Outlook emails as a backup. Some of them are discussed below:
- Adobe PDF is a secure format to keep the files as a backup and also it cannot be modified as MSG files.
- Formatting of the email stored in the PDF file does not change but in case of MSG files, these mails can be easily accessed by a browser or Microsoft Word. The formatting of the Outlook MSG email will change and some data can also be lost.
- Data remains integrated into the PDF document with headers and other minute information which is present in the MSG file.
How to Print MSG to PDF Manually?
This technique helps users to directly save MSG as PDF format. The steps to perform this technique are discussed below:
- Choose Outlook email and press Ctrl + P to open Print Dialog window.
- Now, click on PDF as Printer option>> Print >> Print Options >> Print Attached Files >> Print to get all the attachments in separate PDF files.
Use Outlook Add-in to Save MSG as PDF
There is an add-in available in Microsoft Outlook which can easily and simply help the users to batch convert Outlook MSG to PDF without losing any data. This technique can only work if there are emails in batch. The steps for the same are discussed below:
1. Click on Setup Automatic Archival in PDF tab in Microsoft Outlook.
2. Now, click on Add option to choose MSG folder to convert to PDF format.
3. After that, click on the Run Archival Now option.
4. At the end, click on Settings option>> Include All Attachments to migrate all the MSG emails with its corresponding attachments.
Drawbacks of the Manual Approaches
The Manual Approaches to save MSG as PDF that are discussed-above are easy to try. But, these approaches always have some associated drawbacks. Some of these limitations are discussed below:
- This approach is capable to convert only the limited number of MSG email to PDF format. It may not work with huge number of files.
- This Manual Approach is quite-lengthy and time-consuming as well to perform this process.
- There is no possibility to view the status of MSG emails which are saved in PDF format.
- There are more chances of data loss because the formatting of the email can be changed and some data can also be lost.
Professional Alternative Solution
There is an alternative automated solution which is capable to save MSG as PDF with attachments in emails in a very secure, reliable and effective way with a professional utility like SysTools MSG to PDF Converter. It is quite easy and simple to export MSG to PDF in batch with attachments. There are no chances of data loss while performing the conversion by using this software. The tool is capable to create different PDFs for attachments in the MSG email file. The user-friendly interface of the application is so much simple that a non-technical person can also use this software easily and without any hassle.
In this blog, we have come up with Microsoft Outlook MSG files which are not secure to keep as a backup. It can be modified and therefore, Adobe PDF document format can also be chosen for keeping the email data. One can easily save MSG as PDF with attachments by using the manual as well as the professional alternative solution.