Microsoft Outlook and Office 365 both are developed by Microsoft and very much popular among both business as well as individual users. However, when a user works on on-premise Exchange Server, an OST file is created by Outlook that let users work in an offline mode. But there are multiple reasons due to which a user needs to move OST file to Office 365 account. Among all such reasons major one is that Office 365 let users access all MS Office Suite applications in an online mode i.e., anywhere and anytime. In addition to this, the data stored in the Microsoft cloud reduce the chances of corruption also. Regardless of all such reasons, there are many other benefits and services offered by Office 365 to its users. Considering all these major points, it is pretty much clear that users want to know how to move OST file to Office 365 account.
What is OST File Format?
An OST file or Offline Storage Table is a data file created by Microsoft Outlook. It is basically a replica or copy of the Exchange Server mailbox maintained on the local machine. OST file mainly comes in use whenever there is no connection with Exchange Server mailbox. It saves all emails, journal, tasks, notes, etc., in a single file. As the connection is established again, this OST file gets synchronized with Exchange Server automatically and update all changes done in an offline mode.
What is Office 365 Application?
Office 365 is basically a cloud-based platform provided by Microsoft containing a number of software and services. It can be referred as a web-based version of MS Office Suite including some additional applications. A user can access all MS Office application with some particular amount of storage space to keep data in the cloud. Apart from all this, it includes SharePoint Online for collaboration, Exchange Online for emails, Lync for the unified communications, etc., to manage work in a synchronised manner. Need to Export OST to Office 365 Account As discussed above Microsoft Office 365 is a web-based email application popular among the users. This application allows users to access mailbox data items from anywhere and at any time. No need to purchase any extra infrastructure service to work and access this email platform. Users just need to pay for the services they are using and are also allowed to cancel any service at any time without any restriction. All other benefits of using Office 365 account are discussed below:
Web-based Application: As it is clear that MS Office 365 is a cloud-based application. It let users access all Office applications without installing them over the cloud and access to them from anywhere using any device.
Offers High-level of Security: Microsoft Office 365 has a high level of security, which means that all data stored over Microsoft cloud is safe and secure. Hence, there will be no security issues while using this email application.
Update Software Automatically: The best about Microsoft cloud is that it automatically manages the storage, up-gradation, installation, and maintenance of application. A user need not to update these applications manually.
Large Storage Capacity for Emails: It offers total 50GB of storage for each mailbox to keep all data items of Exchange such as emails, calendars, tasks, and journals files.
Prevent File Synchronizing Problems: In Microsoft Office 365, a user needs to synchronize the replica of mailboxes with Exchange server. It is because Microsoft Office 365 service manages all synchronize and update automatically.
How to Move OST File to Office 365 Account?
1. Open OST to PST Conversion software on your local machine and click on Add File button to upload either healthy or damaged OST file. After that, Browse the OST file that you want to export to Office 365 and click on Open >> Add File button.
2. As the scanning process completed successfully, the software will provide the preview of all data items stored in the OST file. You can preview all mailbox items like contacts, calendars, tasks, journals, notes, emails by clicking on the respective tab given in the left pane.
3. After that, click on the Export button from the menu bar and choose Office 365 option as a Export Type. Now, click on the Advance Settings button to customize the Ost to Office 365 export process.
4. Now, if you want to use Impersonation feature, click on Office 365 settings and enter Admin account username and password. This option will let users import single OST file to multiple Office 365 user accounts.
5. After that, click on the General Settings tab. Here, you can see Date-based filter and Categories selection filter. Using these two options one can migrate selective data from OST file to Office 365 account. When you are done with your selection, click on the Save button.
6. Next, there are two ways of exporting OST to Office 365 account i.e., Enter Destination mailbox directly and Provide destination Office 365 accounts from CSV. Using this two option either you can enter username and password for each mailbox one by one or directly upload a CSV by clicking on Browse button containing all destination mailboxes with their usernames and passwords.
7. After that, click on Next
button and export process begin. It will generate an Export
Report containing all details of migration process. You can save it in CSV format also for future reference.
Cloud-based applications offer more services to its users compared to the desktop-based application. Therefore, users are moving towards the web-based application. But in some cases, they need to access their old data also. Thus, to do such type of tasks in an efficient manner, one can use OST Recovery tool. This application let users move OST file to Office 365 account in a seamless manner. Considering all functionality and working of this tool in mind, this software can be rated as 9.8 out of 10.